In this interview, OUR’s founding director, Dr. Pat Pukkila, discusses inquiry-based learning and undergraduate research at Carolina.
Hear undergraduate researchers tell stories of their research experiences in their own words. Click on the titles to display their stories.
Expand All | Collapse AllKavya Sekar — Anthropology
Read/watch videos about:
- Laura Hamon’s 2015 SURF project on butterflies and climate change.
- Jordan Bishop’s research on volcanos.
- Jack Largess’s 2014 SURF project about the Catawba River.
- 2014 SURF recipient Karina Javalkar studies the transition from pediatric to adult care for adolescents and young adults with chronic illnesses.
- Research in the Galapagos Islands, featuring 2013 SURF recipient Katie Overbey.
- Olivia Dorsey’s 2013 SURF project collecting oral histories in Franklin County, NC.
- Jessica Kennedy’s 2013 SURF project on hunger and food insecurity issues in Watauga County, NC.
- Jay Zhang (2012 SURF recipient) talking about the power of discovery and inquiry.
- Kate Grady’s 2012 SURF project on urban beekeeping.
- Olivia Eskew’s research on water quality in the Galapagos Islands and her work on people with chronic pain.
- Judith Mendez’s HHMI-funded lab research.
- Here’s a January 2014 Carolina Alumni Review article about undergraduate research on campus.
You can read more about undergraduate research experiences on the OUR Blog.