The 11th Annual ACC Meeting of the Minds Undergraduate Research Conference was held April 8-10, 2016, at Syracuse University in Syracuse, New York. This annual symposium showcases undergraduate research from ACC universities. Research from all disciplines is presented through performances, posters, or oral presentations. ACC sports revenues are used to defray some of the expenses of this symposium.
Every year, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill sends undergraduate students to represent the university by presenting their research. The 2017 Meeting of the Minds will be held in early April at Duke University in Durham, NC. The call for applications for presenters from UNC will be posted in late January.
Presenters at the 2016 ACC Meeting of the Minds Conference at Syracuse were:
- Resha Chandak, “Women Entrepreneurs in the Triangle”
- Phillip Cox, “Hercules and Antaeus: Copying the Antique in the Renaissance Print”
- Steven Doerstling, “Effects of Surgical vs. Non-Surgical Weight Loss on Mammary Tumor Burden”
- Adam Kunesh, “Reducing the Angle Dependence of Light Emitted by Artificial Butterfly Wings”
- Kaylyn Pogson, “Fabrication and Characterization of Drug Delivery Systems for Resiquimod”
- Milena Protti, “The Celts: Brains & Stones”
If you have presented at an ACC Meeting of the Minds conference and are interested in serving as the OUR ACC Conference Ambassador in a future year, please review the position description.