The 11th Annual ACC Meeting of the Minds Undergraduate Research Conference will be held April 8-10, 2016, at Syracuse University in Syracuse, New York. This annual symposium showcases undergraduate research from ACC universities. Research from all disciplines is presented through performances, posters, or oral presentations. ACC sports revenues are used to defray some of the expenses of this symposium.
Every year, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill sends undergraduate students to represent the university by presenting their research. If you are interested in applying to represent UNC, please submit this form to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment no later than Monday, February 8. Most travel costs can be reimbursed.
Presenters at the 2015 ACC Meeting of the Minds Conference at NC State were:
- Anuradha Bhowmik, English, “Between Two Selves: Reuniting Dual Cultural Identity Through Life Writing”
- Blake Hauser, Environmental Health Sciences/Biology, “Macrophage-Tropic HIV-1 Can Evolve within the Male Genital Tract”
- Raleigh McCoy, Public Policy, “Transportation that treats us well: The Mobility Needs of Transit Users with Disabilities in La Paz and El Alto, Bolivia”
- Ian Tsun, Biochemistry/Biophysics, “Characterization of Interactions between Human Bromodomains and Polyacetylated Histone Tails”
- Danielle Enrique, Exercise Science, “Comparison of Overhead Squat and Lunge Tasks as Predictors of Gait Mechanics”
- Chang Zhao & Isaac Warshauer, Anthropology & Archaeology, “Performing Community in the Lilong among the Long-time Residences of Two Shanghai Neighborhoods”
If you have presented at an ACC Meeting of the Minds conference and are interested in serving as the OUR ACC Conference Ambassador in a future year, please review the position description.