Each year one of the 15 ACC universities hosts the Annual ACC Meeting of the Minds Undergraduate Research Conference which showcases undergraduate research from ACC university students. Research from all disciplines is presented in performances, posters and oral presentations.
Purpose: The Office for Undergraduate Research (OUR) ACC Conference Ambassador’s role is to build community among and provide support to UNC-Chapel Hill Meeting of the Minds presenters.
Eligibility: All full-time undergraduates who are enrolled in baccalaureate programs at UNC-Chapel Hill, are in good academic standing, and who have presented at an ACC Meeting of the Minds Conference are eligible to apply.
Selection process: Complete this brief application form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org. It will be reviewed by OUR staff and former OUR ACC Conference Ambassadors still on campus. Currently enrolled students who have served as the OUR ACC Conference Ambassador in a prior year are eligible to serve again.
Expectations for Ambassador: The Ambassador is expected to build community among the conference presenters and represent OUR at the conference. Here are some ways this might be accomplished:
- Attend the ACC Meeting of the Minds conference
- Communicate with/meet with presenters as a group before the conference
- Encourage presenters to attend each other’s presentations
- Attend as many UNC-Chapel Hill student presentations as possible
- If possible, take pictures for the OUR website and other marketing materials
- Talk with the presenters after the conference either individually or in a group to debrief
- Encourage presenters to submit a blog entry to the OUR Blog about their research project and conference experience
- Meet with OUR staff to debrief about the conference experience
- Help OUR staff recruit next year’s Ambassador