The Office for Undergraduate Research is able to co-sponsor a limited number of multidisciplinary conferences and symposia where UNC undergraduates will present their research, scholarship, and/or creative performance to an audience of at least 50 people, including UNC faculty, students, and staff and the general public. The maximum amount we are able to contribute is $100. We will also help to advertise your event to makes students aware of the opportunity to listen to and discuss the research and scholarship of their peers.
If you are interested in applying for OUR co-sponsorship of your campus undergraduate research conference, please send an email to email@example.com with “UNC Conference Support Request” in the subject line and include the following:
- Name of the conference/symposium
- A brief description of the event, including date, time and location
- Your name, email and phone number
- The name, email and phone number of the faculty sponsor, if that is not you
- Who is your anticipated audience?
- Undergraduate students
- Graduate students
- General Public
- Other (please describe)
- What is your strategy for engaging undergraduates from multiple disciplines in the event?
- How many undergraduates do you expect to present at the event?
- How many undergraduates do you expect to attend the event?
- How many attendees do you expect overall?
- What is your strategy for publicizing the event?
- How will you use the requested funds?
Please allow two weeks for a response. If we are able to award a co-sponsorship, please plan to acknowledge OUR support in your conference materials and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org a blog post describing the conference for us to include on the OUR Blog. If you are able to share a few pictures of the event with us, we would greatly appreciate it. Transfer of any approved funding will happen through a reimbursement process. Should you have questions about the process, please contact our program administrator, Monica Richard, at email@example.com.