The Office for Undergraduate Research is able to co-sponsor a limited number of course or department conferences that include presentation of undergraduate research, scholarship, and/or creative performance. If the conference will be open to the public, we can contribute up to $100, and we will advertise the event to UNC undergraduates in the Carolina Research Scholar Program (CRSP) to encourage students to listen to and discuss the research and scholarship of their peers. Requests to co-sponsor workshops related to student research are also eligible for support.
If you are interested in applying for OUR co-sponsorship of your campus undergraduate research conference or workshop, please send an email to email@example.com with “UNC Conference Support Request” in the subject line and include the following:
- Name or focus of the conference or student research-related workshop
- Brief overview
- Intended audience(s)
- Date, time and location of the conference or workshop
- Name and department of the faculty sponsor
- Your name, email and phone number (if you are not the faculty sponsor)
- Opportunities for undergraduates to present their research or learn about research
- Is this event open to the public? (yes or no)
- How do you plan to use OUR funds?