Approved UNC-Based Symposia
Opportunities & Courses
Approved UNC-based Symposia
The following symposia at UNC-Chapel Hill have been approved to meet the conference-presentation requirement of the Carolina Research Scholar Program. Professional conferences outside UNC-Chapel Hill may also be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Annual Spotlight on Student Research (School of Public Health)
- Art History and Studio Art Honors Symposium
- Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) Undergraduate Research Symposium
- Biomedical Engineering Senior Design Symposium
- Carolina Summer Fellowship Research Presentations (Pharmacology)
- Celebration of Undergraduate Research
- Gamma Sigma Epsilon Research Symposium (Chemistry)
- The Human Movement Science Research Day
- John K. Koeppe Undergraduate Research Symposium (Biology)
- Quality Enhancement Plan Expo
- State of North Carolina Undergraduate Research Symposium (SNCURCS)
- UNC McNair Scholars Summer Research Symposium
- Summer Undergraduate Pipeline Research Symposium (SUP)
If you participated in a different UNC-Chapel Hill research symposium that meets the following criteria, you may fill out this form to have new symposia added. The form must be accompanied by a letter of support from the Director of Undergraduate Studies (DUS) for the relevant department or the faculty advisor of the event and both emailed to the Office for Undergraduate Research attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Presenters include undergraduate students and may include other researchers.
- There are more than 25 attendees, which must include a mix of faculty, students, staff, and the general public.
- The event is broadly advertised in the Daily Tar Heel, via campus listservs, or other press releases.
- The student must present an oral presentation or present a poster with the student present to discuss their work.
- There must be an opportunity for discussion and feedback between presenters and attendees.