Looking for a place to publish your research as an undergraduate?
Consider publishing in UNC’s own undergraduate research journal, UNC JOURney. Submissions are usually accepted and reviewed early in the Spring semester.
The links below will lead you to more information about peer-reviewed research journals focusing on undergraduate research, scholarship and creative work.
Are you interested in writing about the research of others? Carolina Scientific is an undergraduate student organization whose mission is to produce a news magazine focusing on the exciting innovations and research that are going on at UNC-Chapel Hill in the fields of biology, chemistry, and physics. Ultimately, our goal is to educate and inform students on the different research labs at UNC while helping students become more involved in undergraduate research. **Important: you do not have to be currently involved in undergraduate research to write for Carolina Scientific! For more information on how to become a staff writer or how to get involved with production and layout, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Confluence (Humanities); Varies
- Discussions: Undergraduate Research Journal of CWRU
- Explorations: the Journal of Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities for the State of North Carolina
- Girls Studies: An Interdisciplinary Journal for Undergraduate Research
- Journal of Student Research
- Journal of Undergraduate Research and Scholarly Excellence
- Journal of Young Investigators; Rolling Submissions
- McGill Journal of Medicine; February 21st
- National Undergraduate Clearinghouse; Rolling Submissions
- Online Undergraduate Research Journal for Human Sciences; Rolling Submissions
- Papers & Publications: Interdisciplinary Journal of Undergraduate Research
- Penn Bioethics Journal; February 14th
- People, Ideas, and Things (PIT) Journal; Varies
- Perspectives on Undergraduate Research and Mentoring; March 15 (for primary consideration)
- Philologia; mid-September
- Pittsburgh Undergraduate Review; Rolling Submissions
- Pursuit: The Journal of Undergraduate Research at the University of Tennessee
- Reflections: an International Journal of Undergraduate Research
- Undergraduate Journal of Service Learning and Community-Based Research
- Allegheny Review; December 1st
- Digital Literature Review
- Public Writing: A Cultural Studies Journal for Undergraduate Writers; Rolling Submissions
- The Bildungsroman Project; Rolling Submissions
- Young Scholars in Writing: Undergraduate Research in Writing and Rhetoric
- The Internationalist; rolling submissions. Also has opportunities for UNC students to participate in editing.
- Rose Hulman Institute of Technology Undergraduate Math Journal; Spring: March 15th, Fall: September 15
- Furman University E Journal of Undergraduate Math; Rolling Submissions
- Aporia; Fall – Mid September, Spring – February 3rd
- Dualist, January
- Janua Sophia; Rolling Submissions
- Psi Chi Journal of Psychological Research; Rolling Submissions
- Journal of Psychological Inquiry; Rolling Submissions
- The Yale Review of Undergraduate Research in Psychology; Submissions due in April