Research Assistant: water quality monitoring in USAID priority countries
The research assistant will support Water Institute faculty, staff, and students in researching, analyzing, and summarizing national and international priorities and regulations with respect to monitoring chemical and microbial contaminants in drinking water. This may include review of government documents and websites, peer reviewed publications, and other resources. The research assistant may also support additional data collection, analysis, and/or write-up activities as needed.
We are seeking a student to provide research support to our teams on water, sanitation and hygiene for the 2021 spring semester.
The following activities outline the primary responsibilities of the student, but may include other duties as assigned:
· Conduct basic literature searches to support projects and program
· Screen titles and abstracts of papers for systematic reviews
· Extract data from publications to support systematic reviews and studies
· Manipulate data to create tables figures and information products using Excel
· Commitment: 10 hours per week
Desired Knowledge and Skills
· Microsoft Excel (sorting, filters, graphs, equations)
· Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science, and/or Medicine knowledge base
· French literacy desired (but not required)