Research traineeship for undergraduate students, Ph.D. graduate students, or recent Ph.D. graduates in the fields of biochemistry, entomology, nematology, plant pathology, microbiology, or related areas.
Job description: A 3-month full-time paid traineeship conducting experiments alongside scientists in R&D.
Seeking highly motivated, flexible, goal oriented trainees interested in experiencing research in a fast-paced industry setting.
General job responsibilities and required skills:
- Assist in designing and executing discovery research;
- Troubleshoot and solve problems in a creative and effective way;
- Record data, prepare reports and communicate research progress in a timely manner ensuring relevant deadlines are met;
- Manage confidentiality of competitive know-how;
- Ensure compliance with all existing safety and stewardship standards in the area of responsibility;
- Demonstrate record of consistency and accuracy when working in a technical environment;
- Excellent organizational and record-keeping skills.
Biochemistry trainee(s) may have one or more of the following skill sets:
- Experience in protein analysis
- Experience in protein purification
- Familiarity or experience with protein directed evolution
- Familiarity or experience with ligand-binding kinetics
- Cell line fluency
Entomology trainee(s) may have one or more of the following skill sets:
- A thorough understanding of biological systems
- Experience developing and implementing bioassays
- Experience in insect cell culture
- Experience with RNAi technology
- R programming experience
- Experience with software related to image and data acquisition (ImageJ or equivalent)
- Engineering background or experience working with robotics
Microbiology trainee(s) may have one or more of the following skill sets:
- Microbial strain isolation
- Fermentation optimization
- Cloning from metagenomic DNA
- Prokaryotic gene knock-out systems
Plant Pathology trainee(s) may have one or more of the following skill sets:
- Proficiency with sterile technique
- Experience culturing fungi
Nematology trainee(s) may have one or more of the following skill sets:
- Experience with plant-parasitic nematodes
- Experience with C. elegans
- Experience with genomics
If you are interested in any of these opportunities please email your resume and a letter of interest to Dr. Elyse Rodgers-Vieira at email@example.com.