Undergraduate Collaborators — Large-scale Machine Learning/Foundation Models
I am currently seeking highly motivated undergraduates to collaborate with me on research projects focused on the development of reliable and responsible foundation models. Our work will encompass a wide range of topics, including the fundamental research of Language Models (LLMs) and Vision Language Models (VLMs), as well as the application of these foundation models in the fields of Medicine and Geoscience. Some of the specific research areas include:
1. Advancing the Reliability and Ethical Responsiveness of Foundation Models while Aligning with Human Preferences
– Addressing Distribution Shifts and Forgetting
– Tackling Model Bias, Fairness, and Toxicity
– Exploring Uncertainty Estimation, Model Calibration, and Hallucination
2. Foundation Models for Science and Social Good
– Leveraging Foundation Models in Medical AI (such as drug discovery, genomics, and healthcare)
– Harnessing Foundation Models in GeoAI (for applications like smart cities and ecology)
Prerequisites for involvement in these projects include a strong foundation in machine learning and deep learning techniques. The expected time commitment for participating students is a minimum of 15 hours per week.
If you are enthusiastic about delving into cutting-edge research and are passionate about advancing the responsible and reliable use of foundation models, I encourage you to get in touch. This is an exceptional opportunity to contribute to meaningful projects at the forefront of AI research.
For inquiries or to express your interest, please fill out the application form [https://forms.gle/KbZFVnMt8qtP74eK9] and send me an email. Let’s embark on this exciting journey of discovery together.